Reasons That I LOVE My Bexley
- MY OWN ROOM: with a door that closes, meaning that I can go to sleep when I want to, wake up when I want to, listen to music when I want to, walk around naked when I want to… the list goes on and on.
- The bathroom: which I only have to share with TWO OTHER PEOPLE, both of whom I know and like. Meaning no more awkward bathroom encounters or conversations at the urinal or puke-filled toilets on weekends. Also: I get to leave all my toiletries, hair dryer, etc. in the bathroom!!!
- The common room: stocked with an assortment of (reasonably) comfortable couches and armchairs, a TV with DVD player (provided by me), a kitchenette with a microwave, sink, fridge, and coffee maker (also mine), and a vacuum cleaner/sweeper (don’t judge me).
- My housemate, Brett: who, newly married, brought with him an assortment of glassware, flatware, a chest freezer, an insanely comfortable pull-out sofa, and other assorted goodies from which I, as his housemate, get to benefit.
- Easy Ethel access: dude. My car is right outside my house. I can look out my front window and SEE IT. And, finally…
- NO MORE DORM LIFE: It’s amazing what having my own place, in which I get to make the rules and come and go as I please, has already done for my psyche. Basically, this place actually feels like HOME.
ALSO: the noise from the construction right across the parking lot, which I was worried about all summer, is not that bad. AND I think the walk, which is, admittedly, a lot longer than when I lived south, is ultimately going to be good for me.
LIFE IS SO AMAZING RIGHT NOW.